What is Happy Birthday?
The Happy Birthday app for Shopify will delight your customers with a yearly Birthday email containing a unique, one-time usage discount code to be redeemed at your store.
It's an all in one Birthday Club that will capture birthday sign-ups, send out the birthday email and track the conversions from your birthday email campaign.
Article quick links
- How does it work?
- How do I set it up?
- Happy Birthday knowledge base
- Growing your Birthday Club
- Need any help?
How does it work?
If you've already installed the Happy Birthday app, then you've already taken your first step towards building a successful automated Birthday Club!
During installation, we automatically enabled the app so that it is ready to start capturing sign-ups to your Birthday Club.
Your Customers will be presented with the Birthday Sign-up Form on your stores Order Status Page (also known as the Thank You Page) after a successful transaction:
As we already know their email address, all they need to do is add their date of birth, click on the submit button and that's it. They are now a member of your Birthday Club!
The app will schedule an email containing a discount code to be sent out on or before the day of their birthday.
All you need to do is customise the birthday email message, the amount and type of discount you'd like to offer and when it should expire and schedule how many days before the day of the Birthday Club member's birthday you'd like the email to be sent.
That's it... we'll take care of the rest!
How do I set it up?
Although your campaign is ready to go as soon as you install the app, we recommend that you start customising your settings by doing the following:
- Add your logo or email banner to the birthday email template
- Personalise your birthday emails subject line
- Personalise your birthday message
- Customise the button and link colours to match your stores brand
- Set your preferred discount type and amount as well as the expiry duration
- Set your Birthday email sending schedule
To make these changes, just log in to the Happy Birthday app, click on the Settings tab and customise your campaign.
The following articles in our knowledge base will provide useful guidance on the available settings:
- Styling the Birthday email
- Personalising the Birthday subject and message
- Setting up your discount code
- Setting the birthday email schedule
We have two types of integration available within Happy Birthday. Integrations that help to collect Birthday sign-ups and integrations that help to send out your birthday email/sms messages:
Integrations for sending out your Birthday Emails/SMS messages
- MailChimp - learn more about setting up our MailChimp integration
- Klaviyo - learn more about setting up our Klaviyo integration
- Omnisend - learn more about setting up our Omnisend integration
- SMSBump - learn more about setting up our SMSBump integration
Integrations for collecting Birthday Club sign-ups
- MailChimp - collect birthdays via your existing MailChimp sign-up forms - learn more
- Privy - collect birthdays via your existing Privy sign-up forms - learn more
- ReCharge Payments - collect birthdays on the ReCharge thank you page - learn more
Happy Birthday knowledge base
Our help centre contains useful guides to help you set up your Birthday Campaign, enable integrations and answer those frequently asked questions.If you're reading this article, then it's likely that you're already within our help centre, so please take a look around.
If for any reason you're not already in our knowledge base, then here is the link:
Growing your Birthday Club
If you've installed the Happy Birthday app and customised your Campaign, then we recommend that you start growing your Birthday Club in any way that you can.
We recommend the following ways to grow your Birthday Club:
- Import your existing customers birthdays
- Birthday sign-up page - Send a mailshot to your existing customer base asking them to join your Birthday Club and provide them with a link to the Birthday sign-up page that we create in your site.
- Add a link called "Birthday Club" to your Shopify store's main menu or footer menu pointing to the Birthday sign-up page.
Need any help?
If there is anything you need advice on related to the Happy Birthday app, then please do just get in touch.