If you already have a list of customers with birthdates, then you can import your data into the Happy Birthday app via CSV file.
Please make sure however that you are on a Happy Birthday Plan that can handle the number of Birthday Club members that you are about to import into your Birthday Club.
The required fields for the import are:
- Email address - Please make sure you enter only valid email addresses
- Date of birth – please make sure the date of birth format in your CSV file follows the same format that you have specified within our app. If the formats are different, we do have a drop-down selector that allows you to pick the correct format used, but it will always be easier to follow your preset birthdate format. The preset date formats we have available to choose from are:
- Customer First Name (Optional)
- Customer Last Name (Optional)
Caution - Do you have permission to email these contacts?
Please do not import lists of contacts that you do not have permission to email. We monitor bounce rates and complaints from our email sending service and will automatically turn-off email sending where we can see that lists have a large proportion of bounces or complaints.
Do you have our MailChimp, Klaviyo or Sendinblue integration enabled?
If you have MailChimp, Klaviyo or Sendinblue enabled, then please get in touch with us upon completion of your import and we will schedule a push of the birthday discount links back through to those contacts.
1. Navigate to the Customers section of the app and click the Data Import & Export button:
2. On the next page that appears, click the Import customer data button:
3. Within the Upload data file section, use the Choose file option to locate your CSV file on your computer and then click the Upload data file button:
4. Finally, within the Settings section, click the fields for each of Birthday, First name, Last name and Date Format. A dropdown of all available columns from your CSV file will be displayed. Pick the relevant column for each setting field.
Special attention is required for the Date format setting. This must be the date format used in the CSV file, otherwise the import could fail or potentially apply incorrect birthdates to your customers. It is worth checking and making a note of the date format used prior to starting these import steps.
5. Once you are happy that the Preview is an accurate representation of the data in your CSV file, click the Process data file button:
6. Thats it! The button will update to show that the file is being processed. Upon completion, you will see a confirmation dialog that the Data has been successfully imported:
Need any help?
If you would like any advice or support related to this article, then please don't hesitate to get in touch.