Discount Codes - Please Note:
Klaviyo can only generate a fixed discount code which we don't recommend using in your Birthday email campaign. It has the potential to be misused and it can not be limited to a single usage per customer, per year.
Read more about why we recommend using our Birthday Discount Link feature.
If you have decided to use the auto-generated discount feature within the Happy Birthday app, the following article will walk you through how to add the Birthday Discount Link to your Klaviyo email template:
If you haven't yet created your Birthday email within Klaviyo, then please see our guide How to Configure Klaviyo to Send the Birthday Email
The aim of this article is to add the Birthday Discount Link URL to the button that appears inside of the Customer's Birthday email. An unusual quirk of the Klaviyo email editor is that properties are not accessible via some of the content blocks, including the Button block. This means we will need to access the property URL from another block, then cut(copy) and paste into our email button:
1. Navigate to the Flows section in Klaviyo and click on your Birthday Flow. The Flow name may be different from our example here:
2. Within the Flow editor, click on the 3 dots(...) of the email node and select Edit:
3. A new page will appear asking you to confirm the Flow title and preview text. Click the Edit Email button on this page:
4. The Email editor appears and displays all your email content blocks. Click into a Text block:
5. Then click the Add personalization button:
5. From the personalization dropdown, search for 'birthday' and select the Birthday Discount Link property:
Ignore the Default text field and click the Insert button:
The Birthday Discount Link property is created in Klaviyo the first time the Happy Birthday app sends over contact details of a Birthday Club sign-up. If you do not see the property, try adding yourself to your Birthday Club or please get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
6. Now we have our Birthday Discount Link URL within our Text block, we want to cut this and then paste it into our Button block:
7. Select the Button content block:
8. Paste the Birthday Discount Link URL into the Button's URL field:
9. Click the Save and Exit button:
That's it! Your email template is now set to deliver birthday smiles and discounts to your customers on their special day.
Need any help?
If you would like any advice or support, please don't hesitate to get in touch.